From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Modbus wrong connection

I have been using several Labview projects connecting to several PLC by using Modbus based on the information available on:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x0QgCAI&l=en-GB.

Previously without problems

With a new laptop (and Labview 2020) I wanted to run an existing project and while deploying it connects to the wrong IP address, so creating an error at the shared variables when running the vi which uses the shared variables.

I tried starting a new project and setting up and configuring a Modbus I/O server (to check the problem). There I define the address as 192.168.1.120 which is the Ip address of the PLC.

KeCo_0-1608047504636.png

However when deploying the bound variables it connects to 192.168.1.36 instead to the former mentioned ip address. The 1.36 happens to be the Ip address of the computer.

KeCo_1-1608047552892.png

I'm connected in the local network and can ping the PLC so Labview should also be able to connect.

I haven't found an similar topic...

What are the possibilities to proceed and get the Modbuss commucation working?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(871 Views)

Hi Kenny, 

Just a couple of suggestions for you:

• What happens when you run a Modbus example and update only the IP address? If this works then the issue is likely to be related to coding rather than the IP itself. If it doesn't work...
  • Have you tried checking that the IP address of this new PC isn't blocked on the network- it is worth checking that LabVIEW can communicate over the network and that there are no firewalls etc. preventing this.

I hope that helps, 

Alice

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(770 Views)