From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA module crashes

Hi:

I'm having trouble with Labview 2011 FPGA module; i just updated to Ni developer suite 2012, i was using Labview 8.6; i have a vi that compiled and worked fine in labview 8.6; i rewroted it from scratch in labview 2011 sp1, but when i try to compile it, it crashes after it starts synthesizing.

A popup appears:

xtclsh.exe has stopped working.

The summary says:

LabVIEW FPGA:  An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred.  Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

The Details says:

LabVIEW:  The path is empty or relative. You must use an absolute path.

Error 1430 occurred at Read from Binary File in niFpgaCompileWorker_CreateBitfile.vi->niFpgaCompileWorker_JobComplete.vi->niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The path is empty or relative. You must use an absolute path.

<Not A Path>

I have no idea why this is happening. I'm in a hurry, so i need it to work as soon as possible.

Please help me!

Best regards,

Fernando Martinez

Electronic Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,618 Views)

From the error log, you have some file path issues on a Read from Binary File.  I don't have LV2011 but if you can post a screenshot showing your path generation and the binary read we might see something.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,583 Views)