Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error: Featur Pack VI VFP Security.vi is not responding. Aborting it.

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to create a variable in LV 8.5 with cRIO FPGA a get the error :

Internal Error: Featur Pack VI VFP Security.vi  is not responding. Aborting it.

The only option is then  “OK’  with the result of a  VFP Security.vi reset loop.

What is the reason of this problem.

best regards,

Jos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,794 Views)

Dear Jos,

Thank you so much for your post on our webforum. What type of variable are you trying to create? If you are trying to create a shared variable;

- can you try to connect only the RIO system to your PC. Please try to communicate without any firewall turned on.

- Are you creating a variable on the Windows host or the realtime controller; please try it the other way around.

Best regards

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,777 Views)

Hello Martijn,

I try to create shered variable, with only the cRIO system connect to my system, for all the programms a exeption for the Firewall.

The error stay's,

regards,

Jos.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,762 Views)

Dear Jos,

Thank you for your respond. It is best (if possible) to switch firer wall off (just to test). The shared variable uses a different port. More about this can be found here.

Did you create the shared variable on the Windows host PC, or did you create the variable on the real time controller (real time host VI). Please try the other way arround.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,758 Views)

Hello Martin,

at the moment I dont have the possibility to try this out with my system.

Next week ICT will have create a system for me with more rights, may be that will give the solution.

You will here from me again.

best regards,

Jos.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,745 Views)

Hello Martin,

it took some time, but I got my new system where I can set all the Firewalls off.

I'm sorry to say but I got still the same problem  >>Internal Error: Featur Pack VI VFP Security.vi  is not responding. Aborting it. << when I try to create a shared variable.

I am out of solutions.

Best regards,

Jos.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,686 Views)

Dear Jos,

thank you for your respond. Bad to hear that the firerwall didn't give you the solution. Where are you creating the variable? is it on the realtime controller (real time host VI) or is it on the Windows host VI? Please ty the other way around.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,678 Views)

Hello Martin,

I have tried this before, it dont give the solution.

When I go in the Project Explorer to << Tools >> Shared Variable >> Variable Manager <<

I get the Error :

Error  -1967362042  occurred at Request  Alarm & Event Notifications.vi

Possible reason(s):

IAK_SHARED: (HEX 0x8ABC7006) unable to start service.

Perhabs this brings us any further?

Best Regards,

Jos.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,655 Views)

Dear Jos,

The error code is indeed very valuable information. I'm only short in the office today and had a short search with this error code. Tomorrow I'm not in the office, so here are my results until now.

Are you using the DSC module? I found this forum post with the same error message. Maybe repair or reinstall DSC will help you further. Please let me know, this was only the first thing I could find.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ni262

Hello Martin,

First I removed the DSC module completely, and I can create shared variables without the error.!!!!!

When I reinstalling the DSC modules again I get the same old error. The problem seems to be in the DSC module.

For the moment, for me the problem is solved, but I think there is still some work to do. And, when I can give you any assistance in that, please let me know .

Thanks so far,

Jos.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,588 Views)