From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument Driver Control Timing Issue

I have an issue controlling a PWS4205 tektronix power supply timing for my purposes.  I am newer to LabView and updated the power supply driver in an attempt to fit my needs.  I would like to be able to control the following:

Using LabVIEW 2009

1. Run the VI and wait for the user to start a power cycle
  2. Display continuous measurements of both current and voltage when VI is running
  3. User able to set power ON time, OFF time, and number of cycles before starting power cycle
  4. When user starts power cycle, log the current and voltage during ON/OFF cycles
  5. Be able to cancel the VI during power cycle
  6. Ensure the log is not lost after a power cycle if the user incorrectly cancels out of the file save.
  7. Be able to set sample rate for both continuous display and logging

Current timing issues I’m having:

1. When selecting START CYCLES Boolean, the ON TIME takes 5-10s before starting rather than immediate
  2. When the power supply is supposed to be ON for set ON time, it is ON for a lot longer than the set value.  Need the set ON and OFF time in the Front Panel to be the exact times the power supply output is ON and OFF for.

My files are attached.  Main VI: Tektronix PWS4205 Controlled Timing Case_Logging.vi

I would appreciate any recommendations, updates to VI, similar examples to help with the timing issue.   I realize my code is not very good and I don't have all the requirements I identified above yet.  One step at a time...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,165 Views)

Have you tried contacting Tektronix's support? Perhaps the delay when using the boolean to turn on the power supply is expected.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,132 Views)

Thank you for the reply.  The timing issue is within my LabView code.  In an earlier iteration of my main VI I had a loop running and am able to manually select a boolean start/stop to immediately switch on the power supply.  I need to be able to programmatically input an ON/OFF time and cycle count and start the cycling using a start boolean.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,120 Views)