From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing update rate of waveform chart beyond 1 Hz

I'm trying to monitor a series of thermocouples with a cRIO-9012 controller, 9112 backplane, and two 9214 thermocouple modules. I have a waveform chart that shows the readings from the thermocouples using a bunch of shared variables converted to a cluster. The chart is inside a timed loop that is set to "synchronize with scan engine." The scan engine is set to update with a period of 10 ms and a network publishing period of 20 ms.

The problem is that while the chart scrolls smoothly and quickly (maybe a ~50 Hz update rate), the temperature data is only being updated at approximately 1 Hz. The image below shows the problem-- the vertical resolution is at least as good as the pixels in the image, but the data is only getting updated around once per second.

labview-scan-engine-update-rate.png

How can I increase the rate at which the temperature data is updated?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,597 Views)

I figured this out-- the 9214 thermocouple modules can be configured to either "high resolution" or "high speed." The default is "high resolution," which was what was causing the 1 Hz sampling. When I switched to "high speed," the sampling rate increased to at least 100 Hz.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,583 Views)