From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to create MODBUS I/O Server for Hardware Communication in DSM

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Morning (or whatever time it is in the reader's time zone),

I'm attempting to connect a Honeywell Durafet pH/Temp sensor to a LabVIEW vi for academic research, but I'm running into problems trying to create a MODBUS I/O server for the instrument within the Distributed Systems Manager. 

The manual I have for the task (from my PI) describes the steps I'm attempting (picture attached).  

Everything is fine until I right-click my process, click Add I/O Server, and encounter a dialog box that I would expect to list several server types, yet only lists EPICS client (obviously not what I need!)  I have Datalogging and Supervisory Control and Real-Time modules installed, as required at http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372572E-01/sysman/sm_createiosvr_db/ , so I'm confused as to why I cannot add a MODBUS client.  

I'd sincerely appreciate any help you folks could give!

-A Confused Researcher in California

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,247 Views)

*Edit.

I've done a little more digging.  Apparently I'm able to create a MODBUS server within the Project Explorer when I create a new blank project, but this isn't what I need.  At least it demonstrates that my computer does have the ability and software to create MODBUSs, if not in the specified manner.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,228 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author d.sand

This problem has been resolved.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,202 Views)