Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to do RS232(115200 braud rate) and 5 channel(100H

z each) read simultaneously, what you think would be the best way. I have done some trials with the usual VIs you can find in demos however there is a delay which makes my RS232 data corrupted or my analog input read too slow to acquire the signal correct.What is the best way for continuous analog read and RS232 read.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,818 Views)
z each) read simultaneously, what you think would be the best way. I have done some trials with the usual VIs you can find in demos however there is a delay which makes my RS232 data corrupted or my analog input read too slow to acquire the signal correct.You are using the old serial vi's. Refer to the serial examples in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1\examples\instr\smplserl.llb for the new way. Also does your serial read need to be in a loop or in the same one as AI acquisition?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,818 Views)
z each) read simultaneously, what you think would be the best way. I have done some trials with the usual VIs you can find in demos however there is a delay which makes my RS232 data corrupted or my analog input read too slow to acquire the signal correct.Thanks Pavan for your answer..
..so you think using the visa is the best way doing serial communication i thought the opposite...i would try it..
..ideally i want everything in one loop because i want to acquire both analog and serial simultaneously..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,818 Views)