From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a quetion about data logging .. I write to binary file I want to logging data x is time (second) and y is voltage value on .LVM file

I write binary file on the Host and save to .Dat file next then I read the binary file on windows  but I don't understand about
converting to dynamic data
please someone help me ...I try along time Smiley Sad
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,306 Views)
Hi Knai,
You use dynamic data when you need to wire data into an express VI.  Dynamic data is different from regular waveform data, in addition to the data associated with a signal, the dynamic data type includes attributes that provide information about the signal, such as the name of the signal or the date and time the data was acquired. Attributes specify how the signal appears on a graph or chart.  I don't understand exactly why you need to convert to dynamic data unless your file I/O method is an express VI that requires dynamic data.  Can you give me more information on exactly what your issue is?  Thanks and have a great day.  Also, check out the LabVIEW help file on Express VI's and the dynamic data type.  Thanks and have a great day. 
Stephen S.
National Instruments
1 Test is worth 1000 expert opinions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,280 Views)
Ok I get it and Thank you
the next problem I can't logging data in time , I want start time is zero I don't know why i mistake my program
Can anyone help me?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,268 Views)