From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 6601 DAQ card with a BNC 2121 block. I am trying to collect an externally generated TTL signal with a 2 MHz frequency and represent it in a graph form.

My complete goal is to build a program for single photon counting. I am trying to collect data from a ortec 9307 pico-Amp and discrimminator that outputs a 500ns TTL pulse
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,123 Views)
You could do SIMPLE EVENT COUNTING (for NI-TIO hardware), in which the active edges of the source signal will increment the value of the count register. You can choose whether you want the active edge to be rising or falling by software. When doing simple event counting, the gate and the out signals of each counter are not used.

For taking a look at more specific literature, I would recommend to take a look at this link: Event Time Measurements

Over here you will find tutorials and example programs that can give you an idea on how to implement your final project.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,123 Views)