Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using RTSI to drive DAQ based on position from an encoder but I can't get the number of scans to acquire scans to match # of scans read.

I am using a 7344 controller and a 6024e DAQ board. I am driving the scan clock of the DAQ board with the breakpoint outputs over RTSI. However,even though the range of encoder travel is more than enough to trigger sufficient breakpoints, the number of scans (requested) does not equal the number of breakpoints. Please see the attached vi. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,815 Views)
Make sure that you are re-enabling the breakpoints on your Motion board, this will ensure that you are not loosing breakpoint pulses on your RTSI bus.

In order to troubleshoot this you will need to check if the breakpoints are generating the exact number of pulses you are expecting, or if it is the DAQ board the one who is loosing pulses. There are some examples to count pulses shipped with LabVIEW, please use one of them to count the pulses from RTSI, I think is called 'Count Edges (DAQ-STC).vi'. If then you see that you are getting the right number of breakpoint pulses you can be sure the Motion board is working properly and focus on the DAQ board.

Good luck!

Nestor.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,815 Views)