Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to measure the pulse width and the pulse amplitude of a signal(not digital pulses) dynamically while acquiring data,also to have a better signal, i am trying to average the signal.can i do it while the DAQ is continuouly aquiring data?

Hi, my application needs to acquire a signal which produces a pulse everytime a specific 'event' occurs.Now i am trying to measure the characteristics of the pulse (pulse width and pulse amplitude) dynamically using LABVIEW 6i and PCI 6024E.Is this application possible with the software and hardware available to me?since my signal contains noise,i am trying to average the signal for every 10 samplesm once again dynamically .
thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,163 Views)
Hello,

With the DAQ Card that you have, you can make the pulse width measurements for TTL pulses. So the pulses should conform to TTL requirements. Then you can use the counter examples for DAQ-STC that are available under LabVEIW Help>> Find Examples.

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Sastry V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,163 Views)
Hi,
Thankyou for your reply.I am afraid the pulses whose characteristics I am trying to measure are not TTL pusles.they can be regarded as a momentary increase in voltage due to some disturbance in the system.The base signal being a DC voltage.

Thankyou once again for your time

regards,

venu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,163 Views)