Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I acquired a new board for our SCXI chassis. T

he new board is SCXI-1531. I found a library VI which allows me to look at one channel at a time. Is there an example VI available on the SCXI-1531 to acquire up to 8 channels input simultaneously? I would eventually like to vary the number of channels.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,298 Views)
he new board is SCXI-1531. I found a library VI which allows me to look at one channel at a time. Is there an example VI available on the SCXI-1531 to acquire up to 8 channels input simultaneously? I would eventually like to vary the number of channels.The example titled SCXI-1531 Frequency.vi is a good example that allows measurement and processing of a variable number of channels. To read more than one channel, modify the last section of the SCXI string to "0:2" to read channels 0 through 2 for example. Or use 1, 4 to read channels one and four.
If you are new to SCXI strings, check out this KB entry: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/6fc83b7ac9aca5788625615b00823d65?OpenDocument

Also, to make the vi more flexible for different numbers of channels, use For Loops with auto indexing enabled. Then you can process each channel's data separately without needing to know the exact number of channels beforehand. This is also demonstrated in the attached example.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,298 Views)
he new board is SCXI-1531. I found a library VI which allows me to look at one channel at a time. Is there an example VI available on the SCXI-1531 to acquire up to 8 channels input simultaneously? I would eventually like to vary the number of channels.Note: Random Scanning (using commas in the channel string) with SCXI is a feature that R&D is still fine tuning. If you want to use a channel string like "1, 4" with SCXI, use parentheses in the string for better results. Else, you can scan channels 1:4 and extract the data you need. Example: ob0!sc1!md3!(1, 4)

Raecine Meza
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,298 Views)
he new board is SCXI-1531. I found a library VI which allows me to look at one channel at a time. Is there an example VI available on the SCXI-1531 to acquire up to 8 channels input simultaneously? I would eventually like to vary the number of channels.Thank you for responding. I had looked at the example VI before, but I needed your modification to make it work for multiple channels simultaneously. Everything worked well.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,298 Views)