Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use circular buffer for Continuous Acquisition with NI PCI-5124 on matlab

Hello,

I'm working with the NI PCI-5124 scope for real-time acquisition project, I connected the card to Matlab.

In order to build my code, I had to understand and arrange the different functions and properties. I started with the initialization then the vertical and horizontal configuration, preparing the waveform information and finally make a acquisition initialization and carry out the fetch function.

Indeed, I would like to make the continuous acquisition using the circular buffer but each time I increase the number of record in the configuration horizontal timing and after making fetch functions, the program matlab hangs and close. Actually, I have this matlab sentence: ''Matlab has encountered an internalproblem and needs to close '' and then matlab crach. I have set Fetch_Relative_To 483.0 (Read
Pointer4)

Can you help me, how can I make continuous acquisition on Matlab with NI PCI-5124 scope?

I put my in attachment text file
thank you in advance

Best regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,988 Views)

I don't think this is a real time problem (and thus not relevant to this forum). I see that you already cross posted it over here

https://forums.ni.com/t5/High-Speed-Digitizers/How-to-use-circular-buffer-for-Continuous-Acquisition...

and here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Measure/How-to-use-circular-buffer-for-Continuous-Acquisition-with-NI/m-p/3...

so hopefully you get a response over there.

In the future, it would be useful if you mentioned your cross posting so to minimize duplicated efforts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,968 Views)

Actually, I could'n find any discussion forum about programming NI Scope on Matlab, so I tried to ask people working on the nearest topic ..

I'm working on optical fiber sensors project, on what we call DAS systems ''Distributed Acoustic Sensors'', data should be processed in real time on matlab during the acquisition. That is the reason for it, I'm looking to control the NI PCI-5124 on matlab..

If you have any idea, I will be thankful..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,959 Views)