Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set-up a real time daq?

I am trying to setup a real time daq that will measure the analog voltage from a force qauge and a sound meter simultanously. I need this system to have a high sampling rate and to be accurate. What hardware and/or software do I need to do this? Any advice or opinions on certain products? I am looking at the NI 5112 High Speed Digitizer and the E series Multifunction DAQ NI 6052E. Both seem like they would work but the E series seems to be a little overkill since I only need two channels.

Thanks for your help,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,473 Views)
Hi,
First of all this seems to be a Data Acquisition related question. So I would suggest you to post such questions in future to the data acquisition post because Real Time may refer to labVIEW RT and it may cause accidental delays in posting of answers to the question.

For your application, I would suggest you to take a look at the E series cards. It comes with a driver software called NIDAQ that is used to communicated with the card.

You may also want to take a look at Dynamic Signal analyzers.

DSA

High Speed Digitizers may also be a good idea.

I would suggest you to read the link "Why I should use..." section in order to decide whether your appplication needs the specific dev
ice.

High speed Digitzers

The digitzers and Dynamic signal analyzers are our computer based instruments and they have their driver software.

Now regarding the application software that you may need to use in order to work with card, you may either choose LabVIEW which is a graphical dataflow language or you may choose Measurement Studio in which you can program in CVI/LabWindows or Visual C++ or Visual basic.

Or you may choose to just write in C using the function calls in NIDAQ.

Please do let me know if you have more questions.

Sincerely,
Sastry V
applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,473 Views)
hi
your problem seems to be matching the solution we provided for a very high data rate aquisition system.
Hardware required for the aquisition is PCI-MIO-16E-1.I am suggesting this card for its very good data aquisitions capabilites .Settling time it offers is 1MHz .Which is Quite enough if you samultaneously log two high data rate channels.For noise consideration you may use both the channels in differential mode.
For avoiding any channel skew you may use Agilent Tech
SS/H capabilities.
Software you require is MATLAB Data Aquisition toolBox
which provides easy to use aquisition.
Alternately you may use Real Time Workshop for xPC target and aquire data in real timr interactive envoirnment.
NIDAQ software provided with NI cards can be used by writing C
code with the required dll files and header files included in the package.
regards
salman
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,473 Views)