From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output a TTL line cRIO-9054 PFI0

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

We have a 9054 that we need a single TTL signal from to control a switch and I was planning to use the PFI0 line for it. However I can't find an example of how to set it up except as a digital input (here).

It suggests it is possible in the manual but I can't find the right combination of things to allow it in LV. It doesn't appear at the FPGA level or at the DAQ/Scan engine level.

PWoodward_0-1623236250124.png

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Pete

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(996 Views)

Hi,

perhaps this KB makes things a little clearer:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000004AfvSAE

Although have a look at this:

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466AF-01/mxdevconsid/crio_considersations/

Section "Shared trigger bus"

And finally the block diagram of such a cRIO:

cRIO-9054 Block Diagram - CompactRIO Controller Manual - National Instruments (ni.com)

You have to install DAQmx-support on your cRIO in order to access the PFI0. After that this line should be directly available from the RT-part.

If you need access to this PFI0 from the FPGA you have to set a route between the one of lines between the DAQmx ASIC and the FPGA (the cRIO_Trigx lines). That is done by DAQmx Connect Terminals.vi ; you can now use these lines from the FPGA code to either set or read the PFI0.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(960 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PWoodward

The bit I was missing was to use Trig0 and to reverse the source and destination on the signal routing.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(938 Views)