From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with PLC(s7-214) in labview5.0

I want communicate with S7-214 through pc/ppi cable in Labview5.0,but I do not know how to use free-interface protocal,and can I use the example of it to achieve it? I don't know if the input data of the Labview need to be transfered? if the data of plc is HEX,wether I should input one HEX value.or can I derirectly input DEC value throngh the emaple of the Labview5.0.please experts teach me! thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,720 Views)
The best way to talk to your PLC from LabVIEW is to use an OPC Server. National Instruments sells an Industrial Automation OPC Server call the Lookout Protocol Drivers. One of these drivers is for S7 PLCs via PPI interface using an applicom card. Once you have an OPC server set up. You can set up LabVIEW to talk to the OPC Server via Datasocket or if you having LabVIEW DSC, you can talk directly to the OPC Server.

Keywords Search: applicom

DevZone-National Instruments Applicom Cards

Message Edited by Molly K on 02-19-2005 12:06 AM

Joji
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,721 Views)