From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate the front page web publish with an executable

Solved!
Go to solution
How to activate the front page web publish with an executable
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,860 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1_Buck

Hi 1_Buck,

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking. Would you mind explaining a bit more what you are looking to accomplish? Are you talking about remote front panels and having them run as an executable on a different machine? Hopefully, with some more information, we can help you out. Have a great day!

Carla

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,849 Views)
Hey Carla,
What I'm trying to do is view a vi panel(executable) remotely thru the internet on another pc. Tipically I would go into the tool bar and under web publishing build the web page. Now I'm building executables(with the run-time package) and running the same vi panel on another computer, but I can't access the web page. Does it have to do with the TCIP of that other computer?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,831 Views)
Hi 1_Buck,

Thanks for your response. The first thing I suggest we do is to check to see how you setup the remote front panels. There is a great KnowledgeBase article that discusses how to view remote front panels in a web browser. This would be a great place to start comparing it to what you did with the executable. There is also two other great KnowledgeBase articles that I found that discuss the limitations of the remote front panels and how to create a remote front panel for use on a real-time target executable. Please take a look at these and let us know if you have any other questions!
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 14
(5,816 Views)
Hi,
So I have one question. In poit 2.3 of create a remote front panel for use on a real-time target executable is:"Also verify that Visible VIs and Browser Access have the correct permissions setup." what exactly should I write in "Visible vi" and where these vis should be? on the disc of the rt controller? I'm not sure what to fill in the Real-Time compact rio properties.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,537 Views)

Hi Przemmo,

The Visible VIs section of the Real-time Properties configuration window is used to specify which VIs web browsers can access through the web server for the RT target. In order to construct the path for the VIs that you want to allow access, please consult the following help article:

Adding New Visible VIs Entries

Hopefully this points you in the right direction, and let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Jonah
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Jonah Paul
Marketing Manager, NI Software
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,511 Views)
Do i Have to download the project on the RT controller? There is an application going on the controller. I dovnloaded the web page to the folder ni-rt/system/www/page.html, but it is not visible in the browser.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,509 Views)
Hi Przemmo,

To have your real-time VI work through the web publishing tool you need it to be deployed to the real-time controller and you need the HTML file (produced using the Web Publishing Wizard) for the VI located in the www folder on your RT. If you followed the steps in the knowledgebase that you referenced in your previous post, you should have done both of these steps. But just to verify, I would confirm that:
  1. Your RT VI is running (by deploying it from your PC, because then you can see the front panel on the PC)
  2. The HTML file is located in the directory where you placed it on the RT

If you can confirm that both of these files are working correctly, then there may be a problem with your browser setup on the PC side. What are you seeing in the browser when you try to load the address (can you take a screen shot)?

Cheers,

Jonah
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Jonah Paul
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,493 Views)
Hi jpaul,
When I try to enter the page I get something like that. Lack of some plugin in my browser?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,479 Views)

Przemmo,

In order to make the remote front panel work you do in fact need a National Instruments plugin. This is available in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine (free download from our  website) for your specific version of LabVIEW. Follow this link to the LabVIEW 8.5.1 Run-Time Engine. If you have a different version of LabVIEW please search our Drivers & Updates page for your specific LabVIEW x.x Run-Time Engine.

Also note that on the Run-time download page there are two files. If you are just using the remote front panel you can download the smaller of the two files (the minimum edition).

Download and install the run-time engine and let me know if this resolved your issue.

Cheers,

Jonah
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Jonah Paul
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,459 Views)