From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup a watched folder

I'm new to LabView. I have used IMAQ Vision Builder to script an image procssing algorithm. Now I need to be able to have this script be run in a "real-time batch mode" where images are being placed in this folder every 4-5 seconds. Currently, the batch process in IMAQ Vision Builder only runs on a single folder once...then processes all images. I'm wondering if we can have this loop the batch process at a specific time interval and only run those that have not already been completed, or anything similar to this. I guess the best way I can explain this..is the way Adobe Distiller allows for a "watched folder" on a harddrive, which processes any new files posted to the folder since the last cycle started. HELP!! I'm crunched for time to complete this project.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,720 Views)
Hello wcolby15,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. One way to accomplish this would be to generate code for LabVIEW and look for new files. When a new file is found run the processing steps on that image file. I've attached an example VI that looks for newly added files in a directory and displays their names. Currently the VI runs the search once per second, but you can change the loop rate based on your requirements. You will need LabVIEW 7.1 to open this VI. I hope this helps you out. Have a great day!

Regards,
Nipun M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,711 Views)