Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send a 2-10 MHz pulse train to my DAQ 6052E why simultaneously reading in data? I'm using the NIDAQ Tools with Igor Pro.

I need to send a continuous 2-10MHz TTL timing signal to a low pass filter (to set the cutoff frequency) while I collect data from one of the analog inputs. I'm hoping that I can send the TTL signal and collect the data through the same DAQ 6052E board.

I've been told that I can send a pulse train using one of the two counters on the board. But does anyone have more specific advice how to implement this using the NIDAQ Tools extensions to IGOR Pro? In particular I'm concerned about how I can send a continuous TTL signal and simultaneously read data. Or can you just turn on the timing signal and it stays on until it's
turned off again?

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,312 Views)
You can program one of the counters to generate a continuous pulse train. Once programmed to do so the counter needs no further interaction. It will continue to generate the signal until stopped through SW. So you can start the counter using the functions provided to you, then forget about it and program the AI operations.
authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,312 Views)