Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I extract data from a program based on NI 9237

I am measuring strain using strain gauges connected to NI 9237 and compactRIO controller is NI 9063.
I have run the example VI which is found in the CompactRIO /module specific 9327 Getting Started project.
I cannot get the final data in any format such as Excel, Node Pad, or TDMS. I try to use the  Write To Measurement File or I created a program that converts the results to a TDMS file, as shown in attached file but when I run the program, the results file does not appear.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,130 Views)

@Mahdy81 wrote:
..., as shown in attached file ...

There is nothing attached.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,103 Views)

Annotation 2022-08-12 154847.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,094 Views)

@Mahdy81 wrote:
I cannot get the final data in any format such as Excel, Node Pad, or TDMS. I try to use the  Write To Measurement File or I created a program that converts the results to a TDMS file, as shown in attached file but when I run the program, the results file does not appear.

Well, an picture of the block diagram only tells 1% of the story and is pretty useless. Why don't you wire and display some of the error out of the various functions so they can potentially tell you what's wrong?

I assume that this part runs on the RT system of the CompactRIO, so the file will be written (assuming the path is valid) on the local HD there, not on the PC.

Please explain in detail:

• Where is this part of the code deployed? PC? CRIO?
  • What are all the control values (paths, etc.)
  • What are the error messages once you decide to wire the error outputs?
  • etc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,086 Views)

As shown hereby in the attached photo, I use the 9327 Getting Started project with FPGA,

1.PNG

and the program run well after the FPGA compiler without any error, my problem is how to extract the data from the program to excel format

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,081 Views)

I wait until you answer all my questions before continuing to troubleshoot this further.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,078 Views)

the answers to the quations 

- Where is this part of the code deployed? PC? CRIO?

as shown photo in CRIO

- What are all the control values (paths, etc.)

it is typical of the NI 9327 Getting Started project without any modification.

- What are the error messages once you decide to wire the error outputs?

the are no errors messages that come and at the same time no output is shown

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,073 Views)

I don't know what the default control values are, but I am sure you can tell us what the actual paths are (for the tdms code train and for the express VI).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,068 Views)

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

 The complete project has been attached, the problem is the data don't transfer from the FGPA to TDMS function 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,044 Views)