From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I display Vi information on TCP 2512?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,234 Views)
What exactly do you want to do over here? Have you used the Touch Panel Module 8.6 that is provided by National Instruments? How far have you gotten with it? Are you trying to do something else over here? Explain your question in detail and the troubleshooting steps you have already taken, so you can get an answer much faster.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,222 Views)
Sorry for being so general. I have never used LabView or NI products before and just received TCP 2512 and CompactRIO a few days ago. Basically, I have written some code and published shared variables to display Vi on the TCP. I do know it is communicating as it shows modules and other information from my project on the TCP. However, I don't know how to execute the program to operate the HMI?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,216 Views)
Have you tried running the example code found in the Example Finder; navigate to Help->Find Examples in the LabVIEW environment. Also, it would be a good idea to post a small isolated version of your code that explains the behavior and what you are trying to do, so we can give you suggestions on how best to design and improve (if needed) your code.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,209 Views)
Yes but it still cannot find the server locator. I copied the applications exe to a memory stick and loaded to the TCP and just used the shared variables. Seems to work fine but I still would like to work out the Client\Server issue. No doubt Im doing something wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,193 Views)

Again, would it be possible for you to post an isolated version of your code, so we can understand what exactly you have done and are trying to do.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,190 Views)