Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Write data on SD card using 9802 module using DMA FIFO

Hi, I want my analog data to be written to an SD card using a single channel, as I am new  to Labview I am first using a single analog input channel of NI9215 using FPGA mode.  As I am interseted in using the DMA FIFO(Target to Host) and the analog data which I  am using is taken from a sound source.

I have gone through various discussions some say DMA only takes U32 format data so to  use DMA whether I have to convert the data to U32 format or what? some say that I have  to convert the FXP point data to binary values while writing it to SD card and now I  am confused about how to write the data to SD card.

Once the data is written to the SD card I want to read that data in a way that I want  to play as a recorded sound(audio) Which FILE I/O method shall I use to record my data and retrieve that data as  required? I am attaching my VI for review. Kindly help me as I have spent much time on it and  could not find the solution to it.

Best Regards,

Ather

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,339 Views)

Sorry, The VI is attached now. I have saved the file using Write to Measurement file(test1.lvm), Now I want this file to be read from the RT or FPGA so that I can connect this value to the output channel of NI 9269, and listen the whole audio.

Kindly guide through it, 

Thanks in Advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,326 Views)

Hi Axher, 

Here is some useful information that I collected that you can use to design your architecture.

Overview of DMA FIFO

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4534/en

Capture analog input and play back the sound continuously through your PC speakers

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-23382

Have you taken a look at the examples that come with LabVIEW. There are a few specific to the 9802 module that will be a good reference on how to use it for your application. I would recommend looking at them. Under Help<<Find Examples.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,314 Views)

Thanks,

I have gone through the examples as well as the topics which you have listed here, but I am unable to read the data and send to the analog channel and playback that audio.

Kindly guide me through it. 

Regards,

Ather

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,306 Views)

Hi Ather, 

Well to keep things simple try to focus on reading the data to your module first and make sure you can get that to work. Look at NI 9802 Read U8 Variable example in the LabVIEW provided examples. You should just be able to run it. If you have any specific problems about this please let me know.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,295 Views)