From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate a spiral (2 constantly increasing sine functions) with PXI 5402?

I would like to generate a spiral function with my two PXi-5402 boards and acquire data while the spiral is generated... How can I do this? From what I read on this site, those boards can't generate arbitrary waveforms.

To get a spiral, I need to generate two sine functions with constantly increasing amplitudes, but the only way I found to change the amplitude while FGEN is running is to place a while loop with a timer and increase the amplitude property for my two generators at each iteration. This works, but when I place my Ni-Scope triggered acquisition sequence inside the loop, it slows the whole program down because the whole acquisition process is slower than one cycle.

So my guess is I have to find another way to control the amplitude of the waveforms. Is there a way of programming the waveform generators so that the amplitude follows a certain cycle??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,899 Views)

Never mind, I found out how to define a user standard fonction and it looks like it's going to work!

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,897 Views)