From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix "Inconsistent IP Settings" in NI MAX?

Solved!
Go to solution

So, after running the same program over USB only (Ethernet is physically disconnected), I got disconnected target again after ~1 hour.

Now, MAX reports "Disconnected" instead of "Inconsistent IP address".

As I said early, I disabled power saving on USB as well as computer never goes to sleep or hibernation mode.

Any ideas? I requested support NI, they have not contacted me yet, but I really hope they will help, because I cannot do my development work if I need to restart PC or target or both after 1 hour.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,799 Views)

Now I can confirm that connection between target and computer is established back by reboot of either target or PC.

I have not found yet any software restart/reset method.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,780 Views)

I had same error message "Inconsistent IP Settings" in MAX-LV 2017, sbRIO6907. Reboot of host PC (win7/64) was all that was required. Reboot of target did not solve the problem.

sbRIO was apparently correctly connected to the network, as confirmed by both ping from host (and target) and ssh login to the target OS (command: ifconfig and ping). Ok  - I can'not tell if some other ports were blocked.

This is the first time i see this error. Will update to LV2018 anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,633 Views)

Well, after some NI updates and using only Ethernet (no USB connection) the issue disappeared for me. I cannot tell for sure what exactly solved it.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,625 Views)

What worked for me was to restart the target in IP Reset mode which sets the "Configure IPv4 Address" to "DHCP or Link Local." Then I set my IPv4 settings of my ethernet connection to Automatic(DHCP) (using https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-tcp-ip-settings-bd0a07af-15f5-cd6a-363f-ca2b6f391...) or to "Obtain an IP address automatically" in the IPv4 Properties page of the network connection.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(709 Views)