From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High speed data logging CRIO 9035

Hello guys,

I am looking for a high speed data logging application using CRIO 9035. I am using the FPGA VI to draw samples out of the analog input(AI0 in NI 9220) and store in a FIFO. Then, I use the Real time VI to invoke FPGA and create a tdms file. I have compiled the fpga vi using cloud servers. When I run the RT VI, I either get all the values to be zero or an error out saying error code -61003. When I run the FPGA vi in simulated input output mode, I see that the VI works and I can see through the probe that the analog input is being read. But, when I use RT VI, the FPGA code does not work or gives wrong answer. I am attaching the image files of the two VIs. I would be really grateful for some help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,878 Views)

For issues like this, it is helpful for us if you attach the actual code, including the project file.  There are just too many factors hidden from the images.

But my shot in the dark says you have an issue with the Load FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(3,868 Views)

Thanks for the reply, I am attaching the codes in this post. Even I felt the problem is with the load FPGA. In case, there are any files missing, just let me know. I would be really grateful for some help as it is bogging me down for some time.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,827 Views)

Just to be on the safe side, I have attached the entire project folder as a zip file in this post.

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,824 Views)

Just looking at the Open FPGA Reference, a couple of things to try:

1. Turn OFF the "Dynamic mode".  You are not doing anything making that necessary.

2. Open the bitfile.  That will make sure you have the latest compiled version.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,816 Views)

Tried these steps but it does not work. Can you guide me how to run both fpga vi and RT vi step by step. As I am new to labview, I could have missed something obvious! By the way, thanks for help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,811 Views)

Hi shantanu1088, I just noticed a mistake in your code. In the filepath you have forward slashes / but what you actually want is backward slashes like this \.

So you path should read c\whateverfolder\logdata.tdms

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,754 Views)

I tried running your code and it basically worked fine for me. I was able to make a TDMS file and transfer it using FTP

The most straightforward way to access the FPGA IO is to use the bitfile in the Configure Open FPGA VI dialog.

Use bitfile.PNG

In your FPGA, if you set the loop timer to 1 us, the loop timer will do a 0us wait because your analog input takes longer than 1 us to acquire. You could remove the loop timer.

Your FIFO read architecture requires high CPU use. This article explains why.

Maybe add an indicator to the analog input and error terminal on the FPGA so you can see if that's all OK. It could just be a hardware error.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,722 Views)