Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed installing SQLite on a 9039...

Solved!
Go to solution

So we have a 9039 that I'm trying to put SQLite on. Full disclosure: I'm a database guy who knows a bit of Linux, but am NOT a LabView guru.

I've been asked to benchmark PostgreSQL, mySQL, and SQLite for a couple real-world business needs, and was able after a fair bit of pain to get the first two working -- even without Internet access, as we were originally reluctant to stand the board up to the outside world. After emailing back and forth to NI, they recommended that I briefly expose the board to the Internet so that I could grab a SQLite package -- and while I have Internet access working just fine, nothing I would normally use to grab and compile SQLite exists on this board. I don't have GCC, I don't have yum or apt-get, I don't even have RPM. There don't appear to be precompiled binaries available for a 9039, so the normal SQLite installation here would involve downloading an amalgamation and compiling it -- but without a compiler or a package tool, I'm not sure how I should do that.

This MUST be a frequently encountered issue with an obvious solution. How have you guys installed software on this board when it's running NI's Linux Real-Time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,159 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TomDavidson

Never mind. I'm apparently a lazy idiot. After crawling this board and becoming aware of the existence of opkg, and then further exploring to figure out where to point our very outdated opkg feeds (which were aiming at a server called nickdanger), I got it. Sorry to bother y'all.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,155 Views)