Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone installed a VPN on a CRIO/sbRIO

Lets say there's a sbRIO at a customer site and I want to hook up a development environment to it. The simplest network I can think of would look something like this:

MyPC---Internet---sbRIO

In the past, when I wanted a connection like this, I have installed something like hamachi on MyPC and the customer pc but I've never installed hamachi on an sbRIO. I use both Zinq based sbRIOs and the new intel Atom based RIOs. Another option would be installing something like OpenVPN.

Plan B would be something like

MyPC --- Internet --- Layer 2 VPN running on customer PC

This would offload the need to install something on the sbRIO but I'm not aware of any simple appliances that I could run on a customer PC to make it so that MyPC was on their network

I have multiple customers so I don't want to have to ask each of their IT departments to add forwarding rules to their firewalls or setup the VPN for me. I'd like to have a "go to" strategy that usually works and then have their IT help if something starts breaking down.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,942 Views)

Hi, I've the same needs as yours. I'm currently trying to install hamachi on cRIO from the console but the package install process fails.

Have you had some progress on your issue?

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,864 Views)

I haven't made any attempt at all. I was hoping to see what other people do with this problem. You could consider posting your installation errors on the linux forum:https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Linux-Real-Time-Discussions/bd-p/7111

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,855 Views)