Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Release: PXIe-1486 and PXIe-1487: PXI FlexRIO FPD-Link III and GMSL2 Interface Modules

The PXIe-1486 and PXIe-1487 represent a key technology capability for NI in automotive Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Drive (AD) hardware and software test applications. These six variants in total, enable FPD-Link III and GMSL2 PXI interface connectivity to modern high bandwidth ADAS/AD camera sensors and ECUs – a critical interface for transportation customers recording and playing back data to and from these DUTs. The PXIe-1486 and PXIe-1487, built upon the FlexRIO technology, enable customers to process information in real-time, synchronize multiple ADAS sensors, and stream data to the PXI backplane with PCI Express x8 Gen 3 speeds. 

Driver Support

• FlexRIO 20.7
    • Prerequisites:
      • LabVIEW 2020
      • LabVIEW FPGA Module 2020
  • Getting Started Examples are here, click link for download < here >
Sam Burhans
Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
Message 1 of 6
(3,022 Views)

Hi Sam,

I am trying to run the GSML2 example but when I open the project PXie 1487 4in 4 out, it wants me to find some missing vis under <vi.lib> rvi/memory/memory_emulation. Please see attached picture. Please let me know which driver I am missing

I have on my system following installation running on my PXIe 1095

• LabVIEW 2020 64-bit LabVIEW
  • NI FlexRIO Driver 20.7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,657 Views)

Hi @AsadAA - 

Thanks for reaching out. First, because it's potentially easy to overlook. In the .zip file linked above, did move the CSI-2 file in the Getting Started Example folder to the <lvdir>\instr.lib\FlexRIO folder location? 

Sam Burhans
Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
Message 3 of 6
(2,650 Views)

Hi Sam.

Thanks a lot.

Actually it was a simple oversight. I had forgot to install NI FPGA module. After installing it everything work 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,643 Views)

Could this be distributed as part of FlexRIO?

Or maybe it could be distributed as part of NIPM of VIPM?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,463 Views)

I also observed that 2020 SP1 has issues when opening the example code.  I am not sure if that was the exact issue but I re-installed LabVIEW 2020 (without the SP1) and that opens with no issue.

Also, the LabVIEW project and VIs do not have source and compiled code separated.  This is a best practice.  This example is certainly appreciated and I look forward to trying it out on hardware.  Some items will hopefully be addressed to bring it inline with other NI LabVIEW examples.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,414 Views)