cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexRIO 7953R & 6585 Adapter Module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a 7953 PXI FPGA  and a 6585 adapter module . The socketed CLIPs that were shipped with the adapter module are NI 6585 Basic Channel, NI 6585 Basic Connector and NI 6585 DDR Connector.

Is there a way for me to use DDR and SDR on the same connector? It seems the CLIPs that were shipped with the module only allow me to use either SDR per channel ( NI 6585 Basic Channel CLIP) or DDR for all channels (6585 DDR Connector).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RickWill

Hello @RickWill,

CLIPs are set and cannot be combined unless you create your own custom CLIP and use it.

However, I think you could achieve the behavior that you want by simply using the DDR CLIP and then reading only one of the values that the CLIP produces (decimating your data) to get your desired SDR for the specific channels you are targeting.

The way that our DDR CLIP works is that it reads the samples on both the rising and falling edges of the clock signals and returns both values each loop iteration. So by choosing to only consistently read the rising or falling edge samples you are achieving your desired SDR for the specific channels you care about while also getting the DDR on the other channels.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,691 Views)

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for replying. We were thinking the same thing, but we were not sure. Thanks for confirming. 

Rick.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,678 Views)