Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update for sbRIO 9627

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having trouble getting my app to work properly on a sbRIO-9627 with LV 2018. I've run it on myRIO and various other cRIO and sbRIO, but not a 9627 before. The various network connections keep dropping out whenever I run it. So my current effort is to reinstall all the software/bios/firmware on the sbRIO. I found a post on ni.com saying that there is a firmware version 7 for sbRIO that addresses some vulnerabilities. But on my machine, the latest firmware file I have is 6. And I can't find any firmware downloads on ni.com. Can anyone point me towards firmware 7 for an sbRIO-9627?

Thanks,

DaveT

-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,315 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave_Thomson

Hello!

Are you referring to the newer firmware addressing the Spectre vulnerabilities? Newer versions of the firmware are installed with newer versions of the CompactRIO driver. If you're looking to update to the newest one and don't see it, you likely need to update to CompactRIO 19.0 or later, which would be compatible with LabVIEW 2018 SP1. 

Can you go into more detail on the network behavior you're seeing? One thing to keep an eye on when seeing weird issues with network communication is to monitor the CPU usage of the target. If the CPU is getting overworked for some reason, the network communication may be deprioritized.

R Dahlman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,229 Views)

Yes, the new firmware that was mentioned was specifically addressing Spectre. It was a reach to see if it would help resolve my problem, but I just found it odd that I could not find anywhere to get it. My issue was resolved in a different way. Thanks for the info.

DaveT

David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,214 Views)