Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to Real-Time target

Actually, such an error is issued.
In general, even when trying to connect using Hardware setup wizzard in the Test step, there is a constant reboot, and, as a result, the equipment is not reset to the end. Actually, how to fix it? Or are these 2 unrelated problems? The project specifies exactly the IP that is displayed in the hardware installation. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,515 Views)

Hi ademosh,

It looks like you're trying to interface with an sbRIO, right? What is the physical connection between the computer and the sbRIO? Can you right click on the sbRIO and click Connect? 

If that doesn't work, there are a few other things you can try:

1. Connect directly via USB cable or Ethernet cable (Ethernet should be directly connected for troubleshooting; not through a switch or router)
  2. If sbRIO is not in safe mode, which is indicated by the status light flashing three times consecutively, put into safe mode by holding the reset button for 5+ seconds.
  3. Reset the network settings from safe mode by pressing and holding reset button another 5+ seconds.
  4. From NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (NI MAX), run Remote Systems >> Troubleshoot Remote System Discovery wizard. This should check software compatibility and firewall settings. If your firewall settings are shown as blocking NI software, use Add Rules to correct this.
  5. Click on your sbRIO in MAX to see what IP address has been set. This is the IP address you will want to use in your LabVIEW Real-Time project.
  6. Attempt to ping the device from command prompt to double-check that a connection has been successfully established.

Let me know how those steps work for you!

Thanks,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,482 Views)

Noone.
Connection via Ethernet cable. Entered into safe mode. Even in it after the discovery of the sbRIO and the transition to the next step is a reboot my PC. NI MAX doesn't showed blockages by the antivirus and its like. By the way, the system was displayed there with such "error". Perhaps the reason is in it (I apply the screen) in it?
As a result, the connection with the Real Time module(with the target in 2014 VIEW) has not been established.
I work with the switched off switch of motors and the included master.
Could there be a problem in my network card?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,454 Views)

Hi ademosh,

To be clear, have you gone through the steps of trying to reset the IP address of your device? There could be a problem with the device itself, if you are unable to reset its IP settings. 

I do not think there is a problem with your computer's network card. I have found that this 'inconsistent IP settings' can come up from having driver versions (and thus NI MAX version) older than 16.0. Are you able to upgrade your drivers to 16.0 or later? Specifically, I would look at CompactRIO 16.0. Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,441 Views)

It turns out to reload the IP address. But it does not reset to zero, but immediately takes on a new meaning.
I'll try to download the drivers, maybe this will fix the problem. Could there be any other reasons for inoperability, other than a breakdown of the system itself?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,437 Views)