From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA support in LabVIEW 2016 on Windows 10

Hello,

we have licensed LabVIEW 2016, but recently, our company migrated to Windows 10. Now it is not possible to install FPGA support along with the bundle due to compatibility issues. I need the FPGA support to develop real-time applications with a bunch of cRIOs we have.

Unfortunately, our service agreement run out several years ago.

What could be the possibilities to solve this problem?

- I do not think, I can install newer FPGA package to our old LabVIEW and make it work. Or can I?

- If I install Windows 7 and our licensed LabVIEW in a virtual machine, will it work fully? Will it propperly communicate with a license server, where we have the network license? Will it properly communicate with the cRIO?

- As I have read in the forums, there could be possibility to use cloud compilation service for this purpose. But it is bound to service agreement also. Is it possible to purchase the cloud compilation service separately and is it correct that it would solve my problem?

- is there any other possible solution?

I do not want to end up with a semi-functional unlicensed mess again as I ended when I tried to make it work by myself by a trial and error alchemistic method.

Thank you.

Jindřich Jansa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(807 Views)

I can't really help with the compatibility questions, but I can tell you that:

- we work in virtual machines exclusively, and we do quite a lot of work with Real-Time and FPGA

- we run our own Compile Farm (see our knowledge base wiki page)

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(768 Views)

Thank you! I will try to negotiate the virtual windows 7 with our IT department then.

Do you have standalone ot network LabVIEW license? We have the network one and after the struggles I already had with it, I am afraid that from virtual machine it would be worse.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(752 Views)