From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA plug in not installed or expired

Hello,

I came across this error after moving my project from one computer to another. I downloaded the FPGA plug-in to when I first saw this error, but it has yet to go. I checked the license manager and it appears that the FPGA is registered (solid green). I don't know what else could it be. I attached a print screen of the error.

Anyone that can help me please let me know.

Jose 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,633 Views)

Hi Jose,

Could you provide a MAX Technical Report from the computer that is showing this error?  Please follow this KB.  Further, please check if you have compatible RIO drivers with your system.  Thanks! 

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,624 Views)

I hope this is what you meant. Thanks for the responce.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,614 Views)

Hi Jose,

So a few things I noticed in the report.  It looks like you have RIO 4.1, which is not compatible with LabVIEW 2012 (assuming that is the version you are using).  Please download RIO 12.0.  Also depending on your FPGA target, if your cRIO target has a Virtex II, then you use Xilinx Tools 10.1, which you do have installed.  Otherwise you need to use the version that you're programming in LabVIEW with.  So in the case of LabVIEW 2012, you need to use Xilinx Tools 13.4

Matt S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,607 Views)

Matt,

I've been having trouble updating the FPGA and the Xilinx Tools 13.4. I'm using internet explorer and for some reason I can't seem to download it straight from ni.com. Since I updated the FPGA to 2012 once I just copy pasted the file and ran it on the computer with the labview project. I thought that it would work, but I still get the same error as before. 

In addition to that, the labview updater is also giving me trouble. I can't seem to download the xilinx tools and another 2012 update. I get the error seen in the attachment. Since, I'm working the computer remotely it is impossible that it is because there is no internet service. And I see ni.com running just fine.

Is there some other way I can update all the features required and fix all the problems I currently have with labview?

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,581 Views)

Hi Jose,

I'm not sure what you meant by copy and pasting the file?  What difficulties are you experiencing with downloading the file?  Further I have found a KB article on that particular error you are seeing.  Please try the steps listed in the solution.

Matt S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,567 Views)

Matt,

What I meant was that I copied the folder with the latest FPGA that I have on the computer where the original project was located. Then I ran the installer of that folder new computer.

I'm trying to figure out how to solve the error now.

Thanks for the help

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,527 Views)

I am having a similar issue. The cRIO works fine with PC #1, connects fine with MAX on PC #2, but I get the yellow warning triangle in LabVIEW Project Explorer on PC #2 with an error message that the plug in is bad. I double checked and believe that all the latest versions of the correct software installed. Apparently I missed something or something got corrupted. Attached is the MAX report from PC #2. Please let me know what the issue is.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,663 Views)

Alternately, what are the required drivers etc. to use a cRIO 9024 with LabVIEW? I can't seem to find a comprehensive list.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,631 Views)

Hey Willy,

Depending on your LabVIEW determines which driver versions you need. You will need the NI-RIO driver at a minimum but you need to make sure you install any modules before installing the RIO driver. So RT and FPGA module need to be install before the RIO driver. Then you would install the MDK software. 
Here is a document containing the information.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/577CC9A7DCFC73DF8625738400116CC3

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,628 Views)