Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA does not execute

I have compiled this FPGA code with one while loop and one timed loop, and a Host-Target DMA to run with RT (running in FPGA interface mode), but the code is not executing. I get no error when compiling, But if I probe the FPGA reference in the RT, or anything in the FPGA code while running, it all says 'not executed'. I have tried a lot of different solutions I got from other threads but to no avail.

Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,700 Views)

Hey I.Ray

If the RIO Target has an FPGA LED, you could blink it to see if the FPGA VI is running or not.

Also, you can turn on Highlight Execution on the Real-Time VI to see if the Open FPGA Reference throws an error or warning. If it does, please post the details.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,665 Views)

Thanks Andrew. The FPGA light does not blink, there is no error and the FPGA does not seem to execute. However, all of those don't appear to be good indicators since the FPGA is actually running, displaying measurements and interacting with hardware. It is all very confusing. While it's good that it works, it does not help with debugging.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,637 Views)

"If the RIO Target has an FPGA LED, you could blink it to see if the FPGA VI is running or not."

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. In order to blink the FPGA LED you'll need to add some code to your FPGA program (e.g. a loop that blinks the LED every few hundred milliseconds), recompile, and make sure the Open FPGA Reference is pointed to the new FPGA code. If the FPGA code is running the FPGA LED should blink.

Another thing that could be - is the FPGA set to run on realy hardware, or is it in simulation mode? It's a setting in the LabVIEW project.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,633 Views)

I understand. The FPGA is set to run with hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,631 Views)

Hi I.Ray

Thanks for checking that.

Were you also able to turn on Highlight Execution on the Real-Time VI to see if the Open FPGA Reference throws an error or warning? 

Cici 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,606 Views)