Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA compile errors after generating intemediate files (61499 )

Hi,

I'im working with a compactrio and Labview 9. Everithing ran fine (compilation was ok, done several times, and the vi worked like i thought on the real time hardware communicating correctly with the ), until at some point labview started giving me a strange error during the compilation of my FPGA code. I happens after the intermediate file window closes, but before the compile server is started. I tried with a brand new project in witch i put only an analog input and an indicator connected to it, but nothing changed and the compile error was still there.

The errors that come up are two, you can see them here:

error.png

The one on the left indicates error 61499, I looked for it but none of the soultions I found in this forum and elsewhere worked for me. There is a reference to the bounds of the front panel of two VIs. I replaced them with a backup copy, and the same I did with all the VIs in the other error dialog (the one on the rigth). The complete text in the rigth erro dialog is:

An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred.  Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

Additional Information:  

Original error message:  
-------------------------

Error 1 occurred at Generate User Event in niFpgaCompileManager_WaitForCompilationStatusDialog.vi->niFpgaCompileManager_InvokeCompilationStatusDialog.vi->niFpgaCompileDownloadRun.lvlib:cdrSynthesizeDesign.vi->niFpgaCompileDownloadRun.lvlib:nirviCompileDownload.vi->hardware_template.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

Can you provide me any help? I'm quite desperate... I If nothing works  think I'll install all labview from scratch, but I'd really like to avoid this solution

Thanks

Livio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,112 Views)

Hello,

take a look at these documents: 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DEC13DBCC27C6D7D862577D9006888C5?OpenDocument 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0621DAF92B1731138625715E0075A702?OpenDocument

I've found also this comment:

This error is a compile server file transfer error code that is based on the control label.  The compile client could not contact the server.  This problem stems from the length of the control name that is being used on the front panel of the VI.  In order to get rid of the error in the VI that is experiencing the issue, use a small label for the control and write any extra information into the caption for the control to give additional details.

I hope this helps,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,085 Views)

Thank you for the response,

I alredy tried the solution proposed in the links, in detail:

- Using Timing Performance from theDesign Strategy drop-down menu'

-substituting the file with the one downloaded from the linked page

-I couldn't find the file perl58.dll, so I just deleted all the content in the temp directory

-the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\LabVIEW\9.0\AddOns\FPGA is set in the rigth way

Finally you put a comment, in wich you refer to the "control label" that may be too long, in the front panel. Can you explain me what exactly is it? I checked some of the string on the front panel, I reduced the length of the vi name to 8 character, just to be safe, but maybe I missed the control label.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,064 Views)

Hi,

I mean the label of the controls or indicators. I wrote you this because I found this comment on the internal NI portal. I don't know if this could help you.

Anyway this problem could be related also to the driver version (3.2.0). 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,044 Views)

Same problem here. My last compile was one month ago, yesterday I did only visual changes and this showed up. One week to deadline and I already lost one day to this.  Help will be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,935 Views)

I'm sorry, no solution here... I solved upgrading to Labview 10. I suggest to try to reinstall labview after ceaning everything, if you don't ave mch time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,924 Views)

Reinstalation FPGA module only didn't work, but reinstalation whole Labview worked. Now back to work 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,917 Views)

Hi please tell me what you are reintalled exactly.

labview+FPGA module+RealTime module only !! thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,595 Views)