Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA VI reference not working with FPGA in emulator mode

Hello All,

The FPGA reference is giving errorr in the Host VI, if I am running the FPGA in the emulator mode. I don't have the hardware right now, so I am In emulator mode. is there any way to read data on the Host, when the FPGA is in emulator mode. 

Thanks, 

birapxi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,459 Views)
What sort of error are you getting? You should be able to get data in the host. Have you ran one of the example programs that are shipped with LabVIEW? (Help -> Find Examples...)
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,456 Views)

Hello Adnan,

The broken arrow on Run is giving the error  " Open FPGA VI Reference: XNode is not executable"

In details it shows the following:

"This node is not executable because an unexpected error occured during code generation."

I am running the FPGA VI on the dev computer as emulation mode. The FPGA VI works, but the HOST VI is failing to run. 

Thanks, 

birapxi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,450 Views)

Configuring your FPGA Target to run on the Development Computer (with Simulated I/O) will not work if you try to run your Host VI on RT. Try dragging the VI to My Computer and run it from there.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,435 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Simulation for the FPGA Host Interface was added in LabVIEW 8.6. 

If you have a prior version, you will only be able to simulate the FPGA diagram, stand alone.

Kurt 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,429 Views)

Hello Kurt,

I am using LabView 8.6.1 

It still doesnt work. 

Also when I hit the deloy button on my project explorer on the R/T VI, does it just get downloaded on the R/T processor and not run ? I had to press the Run arrow on the VI after the deployment process to actually make it run on the R/T processor. Is there any way of doing that programmtically from the VI running on my desktop remotely ? I would love to have full control of the VI's running on the R/T processor and the FPGA. 

Thanks, 

birapxi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,426 Views)

Hello Adnan,

If I drag my R/T Vi to my computer, will I be able to use the FPGA VI reference?

Is that palette avaialble under my computer?

Thanks, 

birapxi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,424 Views)
Adnan is correct.  You need to run your RT VI on My Computer.  You can still open an FPGA reference to it, since it is being simulated.
Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,415 Views)

Hello Rob,

I tried to run the VI on thePC, and still it is giving me the same error. It says that the xNode is not executable. 

Thanks, 

birapxi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,383 Views)
Interesting...I know I have done this before and it has worked.  Try deleting and remaking the Open FPGA Reference.  You are sure this VI you are running is located under My Computer and not the cRIO chassis?
Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,358 Views)