Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Read/Write Control Error 52005

Hi,

I had written a code in LabVIEW 2015 for FlexRIO 7966R with 6587 IO module, and it worked great. Recently I installed LabVIEW 2016, FPGA module 2016 and Drivers 2016. I recompiled the FPGA code with the new software. When I run the code, I get error 52005 saying that "The parameter received by the function is not valid." I tried installing FPGA Compile Farm 2016 but it doesn't accept the FPGA Module 2016 DVD for some reason and I don't know if that's the reason behind the error.

Attached is the piece of code that gives the error.

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,154 Views)

Mayank, how were you compiling the 2016 code before you tried installing FPGA Compile Farm 2016?  Have you tried using the cloud compile server, ni.com/trycompilecloud ? 

Clemens | Technical Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,082 Views)

Hi Mayank,

Do you only get an error when you run that specific piece of code? Are you able to run anything else? Also, have you verified that all the software on your 7966R is 2016? 

Best Regards,

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,081 Views)

Hi Clemens,

I was able to install the FPGA Compile Farm 2016. At one point during the installation it asks for the FPGA Module 2016 DVD, which it says you can install later. So I didn't worry too much about it since I already had FPGA Module 2016 installed. I compiled the code using FPGA Compile Farm 2016 and it didn't give any errors.

No I haven't tried the compilecloud. I could try that. 

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,065 Views)

Hi T,

It complains every time I access read/write control. (The attached code executes before any read/write control access and no error is observed) I also tried ignoring the error but that didn't help. I haven't tried anything else, I mean it gives an error right away when I access read/write control so I am not quite sure what else to try.

I have Labview 2016, FPGA Module 2016, Drivers 2016 and Compile Farm 2016. Is there anything that I missed ? I still have the 2015 Labview installed, should I try getting rid of that ?

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,063 Views)

Hi Mayank, 

What controller are you using? Are you trying to read the control from your Host VI? 

What driver do you have on your controller? Is it the FlexRIO 16.0?

I would suggest trying to run a very simple VI, like an addition and see if you can read the control from your host vi. This will help narrow down the error. 

Let me know what happens!

Best Regards,

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,038 Views)

HI,

I am using 6587 IO Controller with 7966R FPGA card and I have Flexrio 16.0 installed. I was trying to write a control from the host VI when I got the error. I was able to read IO module status from the host VI.

The part of the code that is creating the problem is the same as the 6587 acquisition example. I think it is simple enough. I get the error as soon as I write something.

If you want me to run something specific let me know. 

The cloud compile service made no difference. I have attached the error message. The breakpoint is where the error first appears.

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,032 Views)

Mayank,

You said that the portion of the code that is throwing the error is the same as the 6587 example. If you just run the example and try to write to that control do you see the same error? That may tell us if it is somehow an issue with the changes you made or more of a system problem. More specifically, which acquisition example are you basing this off of and which control are you attempting to write to? Are there other items you cannot read or write (are the working/non-working items in a specific clock domain)?

Are you able to run the example or your code interactively? If not, what error are you running into? If you are, what happens when you manually change the value of the item you are receiving the error trying to write to? If you are able to attach your project I would be interested in taking a look at what you are doing and may be able to set up a test here.

I wouldn't expect this to be the problem, but I would also double check that you are using the ISE tools specifically for LabVIEW 2016 if you are compiling for 2016. If the LabVIEW version doesn't match it will still let you use it but I have seen a lot of strange behavior (they are usually compile errors which is why I don't think this is the case).

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2016/6231/en/

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,992 Views)

Hi Matt,

I tried running the 6587 example (Simple Generation and Acquisition) and it worked without any errors. So that rules out any compiler problems, I guess.

I'll try and play with it a little bit to see if I can find the problem. If not, I will attach the project and send it over.

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,969 Views)

Matt,

I haven't been able to identify the exact problem yet, it gives errors on some IOs and it is okay with some. I believe it is having problems with user defined IOs. I have sent you the VIs (can't post it here so sent you through PM).

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,956 Views)