Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation on cRIO-9034 using Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I need to configure a cRIO-9034 for an application in which high sampling rates are required (minimum 1 MHz). The idea was to use the FPGA module, but I realized that the Xilinx compilation tools are not compatible with my current OS Windows 10. I´m thinking to use a virtual machine with Windows 7, but that seems far away from an optimal solution. Which other alternatives could you recommend me? and what do I need to do for the implementation of those alternatives?

Thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,617 Views)

Your target supports LV FPGA 2018 Module and Xilinx Compilation Tool for Vivado 2017.2. As far as I am aware these versions support Windows 10 1709 and newer. This whitepaper details your options: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53899/en/

Note there is a patch required to prevent compilation errors if you upgrade from an older version of Win 10 to newer than 1709 - see http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54728/en. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,598 Views)

Or if you have a network connection and SSP service, you can use FPGA Cloud Compile Service.

Compile Faster with the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Cloud Service

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,587 Views)

I can confirm what tyk007 says.

We run our own local compile server on Linux (CentOS) and the performance is dramatically better than on our windows machines. I strongly suggest looking into that (the installation is quite straight-forward) if your situation allows for such a solution.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,578 Views)