From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute Report toolkir in Crio

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to use the "report generation toolkit" in the crio9066?  I need to get some data from exel as on the image.

ExelDATA.png

if u run this code on the computer it will work,  but when I try to run it in the Crio equipment It says its not executable.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,030 Views)

Crio9066 is a Linux Real Time Target  and I found this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1C16BFEA5262E33E86257A46006FC92B   and this:http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370622L-01/lvrtconcepts/rt_rtlinux/

saying that the report generation toolkit and some other features are not supported by linux RT systems,   but those links are from labview 2013 does this still hold true for labview 2017 (the one I am using).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,014 Views)

The Report Generation Toolkit uses ActiveX, so it needs an installed Excel application to create Excel files. Hence it will NOT run on any RT-Target.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,002 Views)

Hi,

Report Generation is not supported in NI Real Time targets. However if you need to use the data collected from cRIO and create report based on Microsof Office, I recommend you to stream data to windows host and create the report there with report generation toolkit.

Thanks

Lincoln

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,996 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilton_FR

got a work around.. well its not ideal but it works....

so I divided everything in 3 diferents Vis. lets call them V1, v2 and v3.

V1 (runs on computer): I open the exel, get the needed data and save in a global variable called "config data".

V2 (runs in the equipment Crio 9066): I read the data from the global variable "config data" wich have the actuation time of solenoid valves (time on, time  off), coeficient of linear regression from the sensors among some other informations to set up my system, then I  run the code wich will make the operations and collect some data, after it save the aquired data in a global variable called "data".

V3 (runs on computer) I get aquired data from the global variable "data" and save it in a TDMS file and also make a report.

as I sayed its not ideal (am using 3 diferents Vis, but works)....   

is there a way to kinda link them (swap btween the Vis)?   for example I am at  V1, I want a buttom that when pressed it will closethe  V1 and open up V2... is this possible to do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,984 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilton_FR

I got it by using aplication control and invoker nodes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,971 Views)