Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with shared variables: Process not found

I cannot get shared variable to talk between my computer and a cRIO.  They are connected by a crossover cable.  I am using a project example from NI that has worked previously.  All of the software is installed on the cRIO.  The variable manager indicates a change from the host vi, however the cRIO does not read this change.  I have tried to repaired all of the software, and reformat the RIO.

I also have noticed that the lksock.dll and nitaglv.dll along with the variables in the RT dependencies are "?".  I don't know if this will help anyone.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,486 Views)
You appear to have network communciation to the cRIO if you can connect, deploy, and run VIs, so that usually points to a firewall issue. A common reason that a remote system isn't able to see Shared Variables on a Windows machine is due to the Windows XP Firewall blocking access to the processes which are publishing them. Unlike for programs, the Win XP firewall doesn't prompt the user to unblock services. KB 3HUD6PUW addresses this issue but a quick test to see if that is the problem would be to simply turn the firewall off temporarily.

JR A.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,473 Views)

I have the firewall diabled.  The only way I can get it to sort of work, for a small amount of time before the cRIO crashes due to no memory, is to put the shared variables on the RT target.  This doesn't work all the time either.  Sometimes the there are errors other no errors.

I am still trying to figure out this one.  I know that the shared variable exists.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,435 Views)

Hi Squared123,

I would like to ask you a few questions inorder to isolate the cause of this issue further. Does the RT controller run out of memory even when using a simple vi with a while loop reading from a shared variable? How are you monitoring that the c-RIO is running out of memory?

Can two vis running on your host (Windows O.S), write to and read from a shared variable deployed on the same machine?

Do you have multiple network cards on your host computer? If you do, please disable one and exclusively use the other network card to connect to c-RIO and see if this lets you talk over shared variables.

Regards,
Prashanth
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,414 Views)