cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error When Writing to SD Card on cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to use a SD card to store information acquired by my cRIO-9040.

The SD card in question is an ADATA 16GB UHS-1 microSDHC card with an adapter for SD card size, its default file system is FAT32.

When connecting to the cRIO, I can access the card's contents via the remote file browser (the card's directory is V:) and can download files. However, when attempting to write new data to it, I get error messages.

When trying to create a new folder via remote browser, I get a "403 Forbidden" error.

When trying to create a new text file, from the same method, I get a "500 Internal Server" error.

SD browser.png

Finally, when running a VI that creates a new file and stores data to it (I verified that this VI works for USB flash drives), I get an error of code 6.

SD VI.png

According to its specifications, the cRIO-9040 supports SDHC cards.

This page says that FAT32 filesystem is both support and recommended: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7iaSAC&l=en-GB

This page also says that 16GB cards are supported (although it specifies SD, not microSD cards): https://www.ni.com/en-gb/support/documentation/supplemental/18/compactrio-industrial-sd-card-accesso...

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Is it an issue with the card, or with the cRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,916 Views)

Got the same errors, but with 64gb SD card. Did you solve your problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,303 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoseFelgueiras

Greetings,

I eventually solved it, but completely forget to post it.

Essentially, if you are using a micro SD card with adapter, as I was, you have to turn off the switch that puts the card in read-only mode.

sdcard.png

Not sure if this will solve your problem. It seems compactRIO does not work with 64GB cards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,300 Views)