Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -61499: Compilation failed due to a Compile Server error.

Dear forum,

I'm getting the error below from the FPGA Compile Server (8.2) running on localhost when I'm trying to compile my or any FPGA VI...

Any hints?

Thanks,
Chris

Error -61499 occurred at handleDirectoryTransfer.vi:1 when called from connectionHandler0.vi

This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Start Time: 5/4/2007 6:47:52 PM
End Time: 5/4/2007 6:47:56 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,522 Views)

Can you run the compile server on a remote machine?  You can set this up by folowing the instructions here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599B-01/lvfpgahelp/compiling_fpga_vi_remotely/

If you can compile on a remote machine, but not locally than perhaps there is a file permission issue or networking issue on your local machine.  This is a good first troubleshooting step to determine if the problem is local.

Regards,

Joseph D.

Message 2 of 9
(7,520 Views)
Hi Joseph,

thanks for the tip, works flawlessly now (it's just that I don't know why)...

Best,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,463 Views)
For anyone else who may be having this problem too. I found that if I changed 'localhost' to my current IP address it seems to work. It kinda sucks because I am using DHCP, but not too big of a deal to remember to double check it when I reboot or switch networks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,809 Views)

Hi Joe,

Are you also using LabVIEW 8.2? There were some changes to the network code in the compile server in LabVIEW 8.6 and I'm curious if that helped with this issue.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,788 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 8.6. I should also have the newest version of the FPGA module (and everything else). The compilie server is running on XP SP2, P4. The labview and the FPGA client are running on XP SP2 Core2Duo.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,785 Views)
Thanks for the quick response. This was reported to R&D (141610) for further investigation.
Message 7 of 9
(5,781 Views)
Thanks. If there is any other information I can provide, please lmk.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,775 Views)

Hi,

I have had the same problem, this is an issue regarding files that are not overwritten during a new compilation. The files can be manualy deleted from the C:\NIFPGA86\srvrTmp\localhost path and then it works again. Offcourse changing the IP address from localhost to something else helps because this generates a new folder!.

With kind regards,

Arnoud de Kuijper

T&M Solutions BV

Message 9 of 9
(5,487 Views)