Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 59 in TCP Open Connection

Hi everyone,

I have a polling TCP and control application deployed to an FP-2010, and a counterpart application that communicates via TCP.  The issue is that when I run the counterpart (fully built) on my development PC, it works, but when I run it on the PC that's going to be used as the tester, I get Error 59 when I try to open a connection (the second computer only has the runtime engine).  I thought the runtime engine was supposed to be able to handle any built application, so I don't think I need the RT module on the tester computer, but I can't understand why I would get an error on one and not the other.  I've tried power cycle, software rebooting through MAX, all those things.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,076 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Does the tester computer have two network cards installed?  If not, is it on the same subnet as the development machine/FP-2010?  Can you ping the FieldPoint from the tester?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,057 Views)
Sorry for not posting my solution, it's been a bit hectic around here.  The issue was that I was switching between a dev computer and a test computer, and had to restrict the FP subnet more than I thought I needed to (from 255.255.128.0 to 255.255.255.0).  I'm not sure why that's the case, but it worked.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,054 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Glad to hear that you managed to resolve the issue.  I'm curious, though; what subnet are the dev computer and FieldPoint using?

Message Edited by Pakman on 08-18-2008 04:09 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,034 Views)
The dev computer had wifi capabilities, and so its IP ended in 190.2, resulting in a FieldPoint subnet that ended in 250.0, when it needed to be 0.0 to properly identify the non-networked test computer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,028 Views)