Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1003 when trying to discover C-series modules on cRIO-9104.

I receive Error 1003 when trying to discover the c-series modules on the cRIO-9104.  The error states "The VI is not executable......Open the VI..." but never says what

vi is faulty.  This occurs when I am creatign a new project before I have even created a vi, so I am confused.  I have reformatted my device in MAX and re-installed

the latest software NI RIO 3.0.1, but still no luck.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Darin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,854 Views)

Darin,

A few questions for you.  What version of LabVIEW are you using?  If you are using LabVIEW 8.6 is this happening when discovering the C Series modules under the Scan Engine Interface or under the FPGA interface, or both?  Exactly when does this error pop up?  What chassis are you using?  Is this only happening during the auto-detect phase?  Are you able to manually enter your modules and run your applications as normal?

Have you attempted this on a different machine?  If you have another computer available you could download the LabVIEW 8.6 and LabVIEW FPGA module and Real-Time module trials and see if it is anything computer-specific.

This sounds like a software issue rather than a hardware issue.  If you could answer the questions above that would be great!

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,830 Views)

Jared,

Thanks for the reply.  I am using LV 8.6 and my hardware setup is cRIO-9014 controller, 9104 chassis, 6 NI 9236 modules and 2 NI 9233 modules.  The error occurs under the

FPGA interface mode during auto detection.  I am able to manually add modules, but I am not able to get the example (NI 9236 Getting Stared.lvproj) I am working on to function. The

problem with this example occurs with the host vi and I get an error message saying "Open FPGA Vi Reference: XNode is not executable".....so I don't know whether I am succesfully adding the modules or not.  I can use the scan engine interface and have the modules auto detect....labview recognizes the 9233 modules and the 9236 modules but says the 9236 modules are not supported in scan engine mode.

I tried repairing the installation of the Labview 8.6 FPGA Module, but that didn't seem to help any.  My next step was to try installing Labview 8.6, FPGA Module, and Real-Time module on another machine. 

Darin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,822 Views)

Darin,

Looks like you are taking the appropriate steps.  I would not just repair the installation of the 8.6 FPGA module.  I would fully remove the software.  Fully remove the RIO driver.  Reinstall the FPGA module. Then reinstall the RIO driver and see if that helps.

The second machine is also a fantastic idea as well.  Since things are autodetecting under the Scan Engine I don't believe there is anything wrong with the hardware itself. And that is correct behavior for the 9236 modules with the scan engine mode.

Try some other things with the software, a fresh machine should yield the best results.  And we'll go from there!

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,810 Views)

Jared,

I reinstalled all of the software and things are working fine now.  Thanks for the assistance.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Darin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,808 Views)

Darin,

My pleasure!  Hope your holiday was great!

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,777 Views)

Hi

I end up in a similar problem: Lv 8.6 Rio 3.0.1. When I call the FPGA vi from the RT vi, the RT vi doesnt execute and error is "cant run Xnode - cant execute code". It points to the, what it is called, the "open FPGA VI ref. function". I dont have the RIO on this computer, but it happens when I use the "execute on development computer" option. I have the Lv code installed on E:, if that matters (instead of C:).

I will try reinstalling FPGA and Rio soft and keep you updated. Anybody has any better ideas??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,672 Views)

No. I removed FPGA and Rio soft, and reinstalled in that order. Still get the same error... see picture i tried to attach.

Anybody has any ideas?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,666 Views)

Hi,

Here is one thing to try. I think configuring your FPGA Target to run on the Development Computer (with Simulated I/O) will not work if you try to run your Host VI on RT. Try dragging the VI to My Computer and run it from there. Altenatively,  you can reconfigure your FPGA Target to not run on the Development Computer (what used to be called emulation).

Hope that explains why the VI was broken.

Message 9 of 10
(4,641 Views)

OK!

That was it - it works just fine with the host VI on the "my computer". Many thanks JMota - then I think this thread has been all solved.

Perfect timing to solve that before Xmas - merry christmas to all of you!

Staffan

(I'll update my other same question thread http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=280&message.id=5201&query.id=57425#M5201 with this info as well). 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,600 Views)