Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse C/C++ cross-complier missing standard Linux functions

Solved!
Go to solution

I am porting a program from another system onto an NI CompactDAQ Real-Time Linux system using the Eclipse system. The compiler is objecting to standard Linux functions such as 'open' and 'fprintf' that worked fine in the previous system. Header files such as 'stdio', 'time', 'math' and 'sys/stat' do not seem to be present in the supplied folder "C:\build\17.0\x64\sysroots\i686-nilrtsdk-mingw32\usr\lib\x86_64-nilrt-linux\gcc\x86_64-nilrt-linux\4.9.2\include". Is there a reference document somewhere for these NI supplied include files/library functions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,653 Views)

Hey,

Are you trying to deploy a shared object? I have this link that should help narrow down the issue. 

Integrating C Code with LabVIEW on NI Linux Real-Time Targets: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14690/en/

I would make sure that everything on this link works on your end.

Documentation on cross compiling using Eclipse is pretty limited so any links or updates you have could be useful. 

Regards,

-Brian J.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author idc12

It sounds like you may have something mis-configured in your Eclipse project.  Check out the Getting Started documentation here, especially steps 5.9 and 5.10.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,595 Views)

Hi Ken,

Yes, that was the problem. I followed the tutorial more closely and was able to get the program to build. I did find that build errors were not always cleared when I first edited the code but saving and re-opening the offending file seemed to finally fix any issues.

Thanks, Ian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,589 Views)