Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have experience running PXI-8170 in RT 7.1 or 8.0?

I've got a PXI-8170 controller that I'm looking to run as a RT target under labview 7.1 or 8. I was wondering if anyone has experience running this device as a RT controller for newer RT versions and what their experience with the various ethernet adapter cards has been (PXI-8211, PXI-8212, PXI-8231, PXI-8232). Does this setup work? There's hardly any talk about this in the forums, which could either be a good thing (people don't have problems with this setup) or a bad thing (no one is actually using this controller anymore.)

Thanks!
Will Bertsche
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,135 Views)
Here is a good document about using the 8170 as an RT target. It explains how you should use PXI-8211 or PXI-8212 ethernet controlles (and not the PXI-8210)

As for using it with LabVIEW, the hardware meets the minimum system requirements for 7.1 but not 8.0.

It will work great as an RT controller, but I suggest developing on a newer computer.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,125 Views)
I've found such docments for earlier versions of labview but not LV 7.1 or 8. This is certainly for the case where the controller is just a RT targer - it's definitely not fast enough to be a development computer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,118 Views)