From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop PC Target acts as a NI-cRIO in NI linux real time why and How can i configure to desktop PC ?

Hello,

Can anyone explain why My Desktop Target automatically acts as a NI-cRIO in NI Linux real time?

In NI Max under devices and interfaces  PCIe-7841R series FPGA card is not detecting because the target acts as cRIO module. 

My Desktop pc is SIEMENS SIMATIC IPC847D Industrial PC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,687 Views)

Hello ysr123,

Can you elaborate what you mean by "acts as a NI-cRIO"?

Which devices are involved? Are you sitting "in front of" the IPC847D? Does it has Windows and NI MAX installed? Or are you trying to connect to a remote PC?

A screenshot of NI MAX will be very helpful I assume, please provide one if possible!

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,621 Views)

Hello ikaiser,

Thank you. My target(IPC847D) has NI Linux Real time OS. My target automatically detecting as cRIO  you can see in the pictures. I insert the PCIe-7842R FPGA card in the target. In NI Max the fpga card is not detecting because it assumes my target is cRIO module.

Best Regards

Ysr123

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,598 Views)

Is NI's Pharlap real time OS an option? That's probably the smoother, better supported path for the next couple years.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,594 Views)

Hi,

I think with Pharlap real time OS it will work but i must use NI linux real time OS for my project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,591 Views)

Looks like you have used the Linux Recovery disk to image your desktop. 

As far as I am aware NI Linux RT is only supported on cRIO and on some PXI models its not supported for desktop deployment as of yet.Supported Controllers

You will need to use pharlap https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LZiSAM&l=en-GB

This will also require you to purchase a license from NI to allow you to run Pharlap on your desktop. 

Even though you have managed to get NI Linux RT installed onto your desktop it is unlikely that you will be able to target the card. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor

CLA CPI

Message 6 of 7
(2,535 Views)

Thank you..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,519 Views)