Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Completed With Errors Network Shared Variables cRio 9074, pc with executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I am building an application to run on a machine without LabVIEW development system and connect via Network Shared Varibles (RT FIFO) to a cRIO. I can successfully create an installer and EXE for the PC and an RTEXE for the cRio. When I run both on my development machine, the application is able to communicate using shared variables without an issue.

But, when I install my application on another computer and connect the cRIO to it, I get the following error when deploying the shared variables when the app starts:

Initializing....

Calculating Dependencies.....

Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while.

Preparing itesm for download. This operation could take a while.

Deploying 169.254.84.198

Deploying VariableLib.lvlib\\169.254.84.198\VariablesLib (:-2147467259,

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x800004005) Unspecified error.).

Deployment Completed with Errors

I have created an exception on the Windows Firewall setup. I have included the VariableLib library on the RT EXE, both inside the exe file and outside at c:\.

I am currently downloading the SP1 for both LabVIEW and RT Module and am planning on reinstalling all the software on my cRio.

Any help will be appreciated.

Javier Ruiz - Partner at JKI
jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,369 Views)

Hi jarcTec,

What might be happening is that the LabVIEW RunTime.

Sometimes you might need to install some other RunTime; However, you can create an installer with your LabVIEW that will add al the software required to run your executable.

I hope this helps!

Luis Elias
NI VeriStand and HIL Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,356 Views)

Thank you for the answer, but is did not provide much help.

I am already creating the installer and installing the application on the PC. I am including NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2010 with it, so that should not be the problem. What other installer am I missing?

I read on a post that one might need to create two sets of libraries, one on the RT target and one on the host PC. Is this necessary with LV 2010?

Can it be related to Windows Firewall blocking any ports?

Does the error number ring any bells to you?

Thank you!

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,354 Views)

What might be happening is that the varibales are not getting deployed programatically,

Here are some tutorials:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5715

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9900

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/04D9A85B6967EE87862571140065EEC6?OpenDocument

Take a look of these tutorials and KB.

Luis Elias
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,348 Views)

Thank you for the links. I just read them, but:

As far as I understand, I do not need to deploy the variables programmatically. Ss I am using LV 2010 when I create the EXE for the host PC I configure it to deploy the shared variables when it is started (figure 8 of the second link you provided).

As seen in the error message I obtain, it seems that the IP address of the cRio is correct and that the shared variables are actually trying to be deployed to the RT target. Nonetheless, I get the error I already mentioned. It is to note that the network shared variables are hosted on the cRio and the cRio is running a startup EXE that I created. When I run the RTEXE on the cRio and I run the Distributed System Manager from my Development Computer, the lvlib is not deployed on the cRio until I run the EXE on the Host PC. Am I missing any configuration here?

Thanks again.

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,345 Views)

Hey, I´ve found this KB that might be useful

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E215F4D65803120B862578F6005C3628?OpenDocument

Luis Elias
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,333 Views)

I am wondering, did you add the Shared Variable Engine to your installer?!?!

shared.jpeg

Luis Elias
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,331 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jarcTek

Hello Luis.

Thank you very much for your help. The NI Variable Engine was and should be included in the installer.

I was able to get the application running. I installed the Distributed System Manager on the PC without LabVIEW in order to monitor if the library was getting deployed. Using this I found that another device on the network was using the same IP address as the cRio and hence the IP address was being found at deployment, but the device returned an error. I just changed the IP address on the cRio and I was good to go. I did not need to duplicate the Network Shared Variables on both devices as suggested on some posts, neither I needed to modify the ALIASES files on any of the devices.

Regards and thanks again for your time.

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,328 Views)

Hi, I am glad that your application is working. I totally miss that the variable engine was missing.

Regards,

Luis Elias
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,321 Views)