Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployed RT VI - Front Panel Items Skewed on Screen

Might be a silly question, but I've been chasing my tail for a little while now trying to figure out: why my Front Panel (Top Level VI) looks quite different on a monitor connected to my cRIO-9035, than it does on my PC.

I try to align and size all of my arrays, but when I deploy the Real-Time build, the Front Panel becomes skewed(see attached).  I don't think it's a resolution problem.  Resolution on my PC and monitor are set the same.  I am compiling and deploying using Windows.  Does that matter?

Just wondering why this is such a complication.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,032 Views)

Might be a silly question, but I've been chasing my tail for a little while now trying to figure out: why my Front Panel (Top Level VI) looks quite different on a monitor connected to my cRIO-9035, than it does on my PC.

I try to align and size all of my arrays, but when I deploy the Real-Time build, the Front Panel becomes skewed(see attached).  I don't think it's a resolution problem.  Resolution on my PC and monitor are set the same.  I am compiling and deploying using Windows.  Does that matter?

Just wondering why this is such a complication.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,035 Views)

Hi brockaslan,

Have you had a chance to find the answer on this?

I found a forum alluding to issues with LVRT executables not being formatted to display front panels. I found this post particularly interesting.

Jacob C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,984 Views)

Not sure what the reason for the different positions of your controls actually is, but we've been experiencing similar behavior due to this problem with fonts: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7i1SAC&l=de-DE

I guess the easiest way for you is to change your front panel control arrays to a single array of cluster, with the cluster containing all elements for one row (test?).

As to the front panel, I think there has been a misunderstanding. With NI Linux Real-Time,  Embedded UI offers the possibility to display a UI on real-time targets: 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PArLSAW&l=de-DE

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,980 Views)

I ended up manipulating the controls individually so they aligned, which was beyond tedious.  Had to manipulate one at a time -- build -- then deploy to see how it turned out.  It appeared that every control with multiple lines of text for the label were the ones with the most issues.  I'm not sure why that complicated things, but the aforementioned was my workaround for the time being.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,950 Views)