From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from several load cells, different excitation voltages, NI9237

Hi,

I'm using a NI9237 w/ the 9172 chassis, and I'm trying to read data from two different load cells (simultaneously) that have different excitation voltages. When I try to set this up in Labview, I get an error that different excitation values are not supported for related physical channels, which I assume means channels within the same module. Can anyone help me out with this - is there a work-around, or just a limitation of the 9237? My VI is attached in case there is something I'm doing wrong in there - the error arises at the "Start task" box. I should add that both load cells work fine independently of each other, through the same hardware.

Thanks,
Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,083 Views)

Claire,

Thank you for posting on the NI Forums. Unfortunately the 9237 can only support one voltage excitation level per unit at a time. The only work around for this problem would be to get another 9237 card and have it provide your different excitation level. The restriction is just due to how the hardware is designed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,072 Views)